You can blame jbru for this:)
The Interview Meme
You can play along by
1. Leaving me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
And the questions are…
1) How did you come by the moniker “Doc?”
Sorry, but I never answer that one truthfully. However, some answers I’ve given are…
“I was a medic in Nam”
“I delivered my freshman math teacher’s baby dwhen she went into labor during class”
“I’m a freelance gynecologist”
“I’m a real doctor, I just got bored with it”
2) I seem to recall you were in the military at some point. What branch and specialty? (Or which would you join if forced to in your youth?)
I was a cook in the Navy from October 1972 to October 1976
3) Describe your first favorite RPG character of your own creation.
My fave character would be Doc Tempest, a hero in the CyberPulp universe I created. Think Doc Savage, only with long hair and no problems relating to women.
4) How did you meet your (Insert Descriptive Phrase) of Love?
I actually met her at a Labor Day picnic put on by a local computer BBS, back in those days before the WWW. It wasn’t love at first sight, but it was definitely attraction at first sight for both of us.
5) What is, in fact, the craziest thing you have done? The craziest thing other think you’ve done?
That question covers a HUGE territory, but for spur of the moment “what were we thinking” nuttiness…
At age 17, my cousin and I hitchhiked from Sacramento to Reno, then to Las Vegas, then to San Diego, then to San Francisco, then back to Sacramento. In 7 days flat. Along the way, we…
Spent the night in the barn that was part of a brothel
Got to drive a Rolls Royce from Carson City to Vegas
Stowed away in a cattle truck going from Barstow to San Diego
Spent the night ion the San Diego Zoo
Rode up the coast in a VW bug with two hippie chicks
Sang for our supper in San Francisco
…among other, less genteel things:)