…it lead to a car full of stuff and a map outta town.
The Doclopedia #76
AD&D Monsters As Characters: Coriaximal the Dragon
Oak Hill is chock full of misfit monsters. Regular monsters hate the misfits and wish to kill them. Why don’t they? The Oak Hill Dragon, that’s why.
Coriaximal, or Cori to his friends, is a Dragon who lives in a very large cave at the top of the hill from which Oak Hill gets it’s name. He is enormous in size, measuring just over 150 feet from nose to tail. His wingspan is just a bit longer at 158 feet. In addition, Cori is a hybrid dragon, created from the selective breeding of many other types of dragons. As a result, he has all of their strengths, none of their weaknesses and a dazzling selection of breath weapons. Cori was bred up by the Evil Dragons in hopes of creating a sort of “super dragon”. They succeeded, bur Cori doesn’t have an evil bone in his body. He did, however, give the Evil Dragons a severe ass kicking and then he ate three of them.
Several times a day, Cori will fly out and patrol the area around Oak Hill. If he sees a group of evil monsters, he will give them a rather stern warning to leave. Not surprisingly, this works quite well about 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time, Cori eats the evil monsters, unless they are golems, which give him a tummy ache, or slimes, which give him gas.. After several years of patrolling, Cori has made the area around Oak Hill extremely safe.
Although he is still a very young fellow (barely 100 years old), Cori is beginning to feel lonely. Soon, he’ll have to go looking for a mate. He kind of has his eye on a cute little Golden Dragon over near Mount McCaffrey. She is quite beautiful and has given Cori an encouraging smile and wink now and again. Perhaps in the near future, Oak Hill will have the patter of little dragon feet echoing throughout the village.
In his spare time, Cori enjoys letting the village children crawl all over him, decorating his cave with rare gemstones and growing butterberry trees.